Job Title: Principal Insurance Officer
Ardent Porter International (API) is a clearing and forwarding company that is based in Dar es Salaam. We operate in collaboration with a sister company, known as Ardent Porters Limited, in Yiwu, China. We provide a range of services including Customs Clearing, Imports Facilitation, Exports Management, Buying Agency, Full Container Cargo (FCL) Handling, Loose Cargo (LCL) Handling, and Insurance Brokerage.
The Principal Insurance Officer will spearhead all insurance related activities of our Company. He/she will undertake a mix of operational and supervisory roles related to selling insurance products, meeting customers, and handling administrative issues related to the role.
- Building and maintaining business relationships
- Scheduling and attending meetings
- Discussing and assessing clients’ current and future insurance needs
- Researching insurance policies and products in the Tanzania market
- Negotiating policy terms and costs with insurance providers
- Arranging insurance cover for clients with insurance provider
- Collecting insurance premiums
- Keeping detailed records
- Advising clients on making claims on their policies
- Undertaking marketing activities
- The level of education should be Diploma in Insurance or above
- Experience of at least three (3) years in insurance business
- Superior oral and verbal communication skills
- Should be under 35 years of age.
Applications, along with C.V’s, should be submitted online to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10:00pm on Friday, January 31st, 2020.