Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non for profit Tanzanian organization that focuses primarily on making contribution to the nation in addressing public health priorities through evidence based interventions,education and research. (MDH) supports the Government of Tanzania through the municipal councils of Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Ubungo and Kigamboni in implementation of the program on HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment and monitoring of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA).
In order to strengthen the care and treatment of PLWHA in Dar es Salaam, MDH on behalf of the above mentioned Municipal Councils seeks to employ the following staff:
1. CLINICAL OFFICER (4)
Reports To: Site Manager
Perform the task as Clinician for the HIV/AIDS Clinic under the supervision of the Site Manager
Qualification and work experience:
The Clinician should be a holder of Diploma in Clinical Medicine from a recognized institution; he/she should have an experience of at least 3 years in the field of expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Providing clinical care to HIV patients in the Clinic including:
Management of Opportunistic Infections
Staging of HIV patients for Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) eligibility
Initiating patients on ART
Managing complications of ART
Initiation and monitoring of Post-Exposure Prophylaxis 2. Providing consultation to HIV-positive patients on the wards as requested
3. Maintaining accurate medical records and other data collection as required for Monitoring and evaluation within the Clinic
4. Participating in Clinic Team Meetings and assisting the site manager with strategic planning for the Clinic
5. Doing any other duty as assigned by the site manager.
2. CLINIC NURSE/COUNSELOR (17)
Reports to: Nurse Supervisor
Qualification and Work Experience:
Nurse Counselor should have at least a diploma in Nursing and must have a valid practice license; he/she should have an experience of 3 years in the field of expertise.
A HIV/AIDS nurse counselor requires extensive, current knowledge of the symptoms and treatments of AIDS and HIV infections, the methods by which the virus is (and is not) transmitted and prevention measures. HIV/AIDS counselors
must enjoy working with other people, have a compassionate nature and be good listeners. A broad knowledge of diverse cultural beliefs and attitudes is often necessary when working with diverse populations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Adhering to nursing ethics as punctuality and cleanliness etc.
2. Ensuring that patients receive appropriate clinical care during a clinic visit, including scheduled or unscheduled physician examination and laboratory test.
3. Educating patients in all aspects of HIV disease and treatment management, as well as basic healthy lifestyles.
4. Counseling patients with regard to HIV diagnosis, management of medications, medication and clinic visit adherence, psychosocial issues, and basic health self-care.
5. Counseling and educating family members and care givers to promote secondary prevention of HIV infection, to improve the care of patients with HIV, and to strengthen social support networks of patients.
6. Accurate and complete documentation of patient information and patient encounters in the patient medical record.
7. Assisting patients to connect with other resources through the referral network.
8. Assisting the physician in the provision of clinical care for patients.
9. Doing any other duty as assigned by the nurse supervisor, site manager and OPD nurse officer in-charge.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two references.
Applications should be submitted by 14th August, 2017 to the HR Manager, MDH through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by hand at our MDH Mikocheni Office near New Regency Park Hotel. Please note; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.