Job Title: Logistics/Procurement Officer
To provide support to the organization by ensuring effective procurement systems through monitoring the purchasing processes and ensure timely delivery of items to intended recipients. Assist TRCS in the implementation of quality procurement services.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Executive level
Experience Length: 2 years
Reports to : Logistics/Procurement Manager
Duty Station : Dar es Salaam
Age Limit : 25 Years to 50 Years
Duration of Contract : One Year Renewable
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the supply market for all TRCS supplies and services
- Liaise with technical team to establish technical specifications of items for supplies to be ordered
- Process and obtain relevant approvals for materials to be purchased in line with the existing requirements and protocols
- Provide advice on procurement issues with best practices in line with the public procurement procedures and protocols
- Responsible for the planning, support and implementation of an efficient logistics and supply chain management system for the organization in accordance with the program requirements.
- Management of data essential to make available an accurate forecast for procurement at regular intervals
- Serve as in-house resources person to provide guidance on logistics issues
- Prepare and process the local purchase orders and ensure that orders are delivered to suppliers on time
- Maintain and update the asset register on regular basis by ensuring that all new procured materials are being recorded
- Coordinate shipping of procured items to TRCS regional offices
- Working closely with Storekeeper Officers to ensure all items are received and recorded in the store book ledgers before being issued
- Ensure the highest standards of probity are maintained in all purchasing activities
Experience & Skills required:
- Holder of a degree in Procurement and Logistics Management from a reputable University.
- Must be registered and certified by PSPTB (Procurement and Supplies Professions and Technicians Board) as Procurement and Supplies Professional.
- Ability to work under difficult conditions with minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate high level of integrity & professionalism.
- Must be able to deal effectively & timely with demanding and changing situations.
- Basic computer skills with minimum of Microsoft word, power point and excel
Position: Senior Accountant
Working under the directives of Director of Finance and Administration, the Senior Accountant will be entrusted with, but not limited to the following responsibilities:
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Senior level
Experience Length: 7 years
Reports to : Director of Finance
Duty Station : Dar es Salaam
Age Limit : 30 Years to 50 Years
Duration of Contract – One Year Renewable.
Duties applicable to all staff:
Work towards the achievement of the Tanzania Red Cross goals in Tanzania, through effective managerial and lateral relations and teamwork.
Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships and account-abilities.
Share and act in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent fundamental principles and humanitarian values.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Spanish Red Cross Supported projects;
- Maintenance of Books of accounts and their supporting documentations for SRC supported projects at the Head Quarters ready for reviews and verifications. i.e. asset, liability, revenue, and expenses.
- Ensure all the budgets and expenses related to the SRC supported projects are correctly entered, are up to date and well maintained in the NAVISION system.
- To ensure all the payments due and liabilities from the SRC Project implementations are processed on a timely manner.
- Ensure transfers made to Regions/Field for SRC Projects activities are done timely and follow up is made for their timely retirements/accounting for.
- To ensure that all payments made through the SRC supported projects are well supported with all the necessary supporting documents.
- To perform bank reconciliation on a monthly basis for all SRC supported projects bank accounts.
- To prepares analysis expenditure and trends reports and share with the programme staff for decision making on a monthly basis, e.g. BvA reports, Activity statements.
- Advice on a timely manner to the programme staff on all Financial Management matters for effective and efficient implementation of the activities.
- To be a focal person during Internal and External Audit and after the audit exercise to prepare Audit Action Lists (AAL) and ensure its implementations.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance and Administration from time to time.
B. Head Quarters and Other Projects support;
- Review of Donors Financial Reports from Project Accountants before their submission as per the donor requirements.
- Through running and review of different periodic Financial Reports from the NAVISION System advice necessary adjustments for correct/better reporting and correction of errors/mistakes.
- Ensure reconciliation between the Subsidiary accounts and the General ledgers for proper records of the NS and Projects accounts.
- Support in the monthly payroll processing and monthly payroll reconciliations through the NAVISION System.
- Support the Project and HQ accountants during Audit preparations, Audit exercise and implementation of Audit recommendations.
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or related field.
Professional Qualification (CPA/ACCA)
7-years work experience preferably in Non-profit Organization or Community Based Organization (CBO).
How to ApplyPlease manually apply for this job using the details below:
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV’s; Certified copies of academic/professional certificates and cover letter outlining their suitability to the position to: Secretary General, Tanzania Red Cross Society, located at Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 53, Block C, Mikocheni; P. O. Box 1133, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania by November 18th 2019 at 16:00pm.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. TRCS is an equal opportunity employer.