Kiliwater Company Limited is a non-profit Public Organization established in 1995, with the principal objective of supplying clean and safe water to households and institutions in Rombo District Kilimanjaro Region. In its effort to improve water service and revenue collection, the Company wishes to recruit a highly motivated, result oriented and suitably qualified candidates to fill 12 vacant positions of Water Distribution Technicians.
MODE OF JOB APPLICATION
1. POSITION: WATER DISTRIBUTION TECHNICIAN II (12 POSTS)
Skills and Attributes
- Pro-active and team player.
- Demonstrating ability to follow written and oral instructions effectively.
- Able to work under minimum supervision.
Duties and Responsibility
- Installs new water connections, disconnect service connections and repair valves and water meters
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled work in operation and maintenance of water intakes.
- Keeps records of work activities performed.
- Reads water meters, inspects meters for leaks and improper functioning, change out meters.
- Locates and marks water lines for other contractors.
- Repairs broken water lines including transmission main, distribution main and service lines.
- Cleans and maintains properties that are part of water system such as storage tanks and pump stations.
- Serve in emergency standby capacity, provides customer service and perform all aspect of distribution system maintenance and repairs during after hours periods including holidays and weekends.
- Performs any other official duties as he/she may be assigned by his/her superiors.
Qualification and experience
Holders of Certificate of Secondary Education CSEE with VETA level III in plumbing and pipefitting from reputable institution.
Working experience of not less than 2 years from reputable organization
Able to speak and write fluently in English and Kiswahili.
Valid driving license category A is an added advantage.
Should not be over 30 years of age.
Terms of service: 2 year renewable contract.
Salary: Negotiable with other fringe benefits.
Mode of application
Application with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, applicant full address and mobile phone contacts should be sent to the address below not later than 31/03/2018
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
KILIWATER CO. LTD
P.O. BOX 244,
MKUU – ROMBO